Frequently Asked Questions
I recently attended a car show with the president of the company, Howard Phillips, while we were there we were asked a lot of the same questions. If they're asking these questions, you may have the same ones at home. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions (and answers) from the car show.
Does it work?
- Yes, of course Rust911 works. We actually GUARANTEE it works!
How does Rust911 compare to your competitor?
- Our product is sold in a concentrated form, which will save you a lot of money. Other companies will sell a 1 gallon rust remover that is already diluted for $25-$30. Rust911 sells a rust remover that will make 2 GALLONS for $24.50 ($12.25/gallon). That is TWICE as much rust remover for less money than 1 gallon at another company. The savings increase when your purchase larger quantities of rust remover. Our 1 gallon concentrated rust remover will make 16 GALLONS of solution for $59.50 ($3.71/gallon)!
Can I brush the rust remover on the rust?
- No, our rust remover is designed for immersion or continuous spray (from a pump system or parts washer machine)
How long will the item have to sit in the solution?
- How long the part will need to be immersed in the solution will depend on the severity of the rust. Light rust can be removed in as little as 10 minutes. For heavy rust, let the item soak overnight.
How long will the rust removing solution last after it has been diluted?
- When you dilute our concentrate, only dilute what you will need for the project. If the rust remover is not black in color after you use it, you can use it again. Bottle the solution in an airtight container and save it for up to a year! Keep re-using the solution until it has turned black. The black color is a result of the solution being completely saturated with rust.
What do I need to do after the rust is gone to protect it from rusting again?
- To protect the metal after the rust has been removed; a protective barrier needs to be applied. A protective barrier could be spray paint or a rust preventative. Rust911 offers a metal shield rust preventative that provides a thin film barrier that dried to a non-tacky coating.
Where are you located so I can purchase more or your product?
- We are located in Hickory, North Carolina but we sell our product online. www.rust911.com is where you can purchase Rust911 solutions.You can also call 828-446-9809 and order the solution on the phone.We have FREE SHIPPING on our Ultra-Concentrated Rust Remover! Rust911 accepts credit cards (American Express, Discover, Master Card, and Visa) and PayPal.
If you have any further questions, please visit the FAQ's page on our website or call 828-446-9809 and speak to a chemical engineer!